So I wrote a particularily nasty blog last night.
It was only a couple sentences, but it was mean, it was vicious, it was full of poison. I was angry.
I'm glad for the delete/hide option. I don't care to let anyone read it, but the general point I was trying to get across was that I'm tired of having people say one thing to me, then do something completely different.
Actions, as they say, speak much louder than words.
And now I'm a-listenin' to some Bruce Springsteen. I can't get "The Wrestler" out of my head. It's a fan-fucking-tastic song, and an even better movie. If there's ever been a song that I can say I truly relate to, and feel, well, it's this song.
If you understand this song, then you understand me.
I've listened to it over and over and over and over again, and I just get it. I posted the lyrics back in mid-January sometime, so go have a look if you're interested.
This song just makes me feel better.
It's a pretty shitty day in Gander, weather-wise. This is probably my least favorite time of year... If I could afford to, I'd move somewhere down south.
Maybe when I finish my degree, I could move to Australia. Y'know, that's not such a bad idea. I could handle teaching in a place like that. I don't mind rain one bit. Not at all.
At least rain isn't fuckin' freezing, like this shitty ol' snow.
The only thing I really like about it is the fact that I get to use a snowblower. I'm your typical guy, in that I like using big heavy machinery.
Well, that's about as heavy as I like to get. I don't think I'd be able to handle a back-ho, or anything of the sorts. Lawnmowers and snowblowers are about all I'm capable of.
Well, what else is there.... I'm gonna see my sister in another month!!! Makes me quite happy to know that I'll get to see her before she pops. It's going to be strange to see Heidi with a big ol' baby gut on her, all the same. But as I've said a million times before, I'm happy for her. So very happy.
I can't wait to be an uncle.
And if it weren't for that fact, I don't think I'd have even half the motivation I've got to better myself. I want to be a good uncle. I want to be the kind of uncle that Heidi will be proud to bring her child to.
And a proud uncle I will be.
If the kid gets his/her looks from our side of the family, then he/she's going to be one good lookin' kid.
Especially if they look like me.
Because I am one good lookin' kid.
Speaking of looks... I'm (hopefully) going to start taking Yoga classes pretty soon. I got a Facebook msg back from Christa, who happens to be the Yoga instructor here in town. She's teaching Hatha Yoga, which is pretty much the only form I am familiar with. That's the most common, as well. So I've just got to find out how much these classes are, and how qualified she is to teach Yoga, in the first place.
I look forward to it, really. I hope everything works out well. I need to turn this winter fat into summer muscle. I plan on being in very good physical shape when I move back to St. John's.
Having unnecessary crazy muscle isn't on the top of my list.
But being toned, looking fit, and feeling good... That's what I'm lookin' for. That's what I hope to achieve.
And achieve, I will.
Like I said in previous blogs, 2009 is the year of Matthew.
I'm takin' over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment